Jump Straight to…
JW Questions & Comments
- Armageddon – ‘The world is getting worse, … so the end is imminent’
- Celebrations — You should not celebrate birthdays or holidays
- False Prophets – ‘We are not false prophets; we don’t claim to be inspired or infallible’
- Internet – ‘Satan controls the Media. You can’t trust what you read in the newspapers or on the internet’
- Jehovah – ‘We are the only ones using God’s Name’
- Leaving, return? – ‘You need to return to Jehovah’
- Leaving, where go? – ‘Where else will you go? Satan’s world has nothing to offer’
- Leaving, why? – ‘People leave the Truth to pursue an immoral life’
- Light – ‘The light gets brighter’
- Love – ‘We have the only true loving brotherhood in the earth’
- Organisation – ‘God has always had an organisation on earth’
- Preaching – ‘We are the only religion that preaches worldwide’
- Shunning – ‘Shunning is an expression of love’
- Volunteers – A Religion should only use volunteers and people shouldn’t be paid
- Wait – ‘Don’t leave, wait on Jehovah’
- War – ‘We are the only religion that refuse to go to war’
- Works – ‘Faith without works is dead – to be saved works, like preaching, are required’
Bible – NWT
- The NAME JEHOVAH (tetragrammaton) occurs 237 times in the NWT of the Greek Scriptures. Does the tetragrammaton appear in any of the discovered Greek manuscripts?
- Does the NWT give accurate translations of Bible verses which normally indicate the DEITY OF CHRIST?
- Does the NWT give accurate translations of Bible verses which explain the requirements for SALVATION?
- Does the NWT give accurate translations of Bible verses pertaining to the Christian’s personal RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS?
- Are there other verses in which the NWT disagrees with the original HEBREW OR GREEK and with the standard independent translations of the Bible?
- What does it mean to be born again?
- Must all Christians be born again?
- Can one put on the new self (new personality) without having been born again?
Christ – Who is Christ?
- Why focus on Jesus so much?
- Does Jesus possess attributes of Deity?
- Is Jesus revealed as being Jehovah in the Old Testament?
- Is it proper to pray to Jesus?
- Is it proper to worship Jesus?
- What form did Jesus assume when he came to the earth?
- In heaven, does Jesus subject Himself to His Father’s headship?
Christ – Relationship with Christ
- Why is having a relationship with Jesus so important?
- Should a Christian come directly to Jesus?
- How important is Jesus to you?
- How intimate is your relationship with Jesus?
- Should all true Christians partake of the bread and wine at the Memorial (Communion)?
Christ – Return of Christ
- parousia -Do the 24 occurrences of the Greek word “parousia” (presence) in the New Testament support the JW teaching of an ‘invisible presence running from 1914 until Jesus comes at Armageddon?’
- Will Christ visibly return to the earth?
- Are we to know in what year Christ is to return?
- Is the basis of JW’s view of 1914 sound?
- What are some of JW teachings that depend on 1914 as the date of Christ’s return?
- Why should we be wary of religions that stress dates?
- What dates have been promoted as having prophetic significance?
- What changes have there been to the Generation teaching?
- Is the change from 2010 of the overlapping generation logical?
- Does Watchtower accept full responsibility and apologise for these life-changing changes in dates?
- Is the term “sleep” ever applied to either the spirit or the soul in the Bible, or only to the body?
- Does the Bible speak of an afterlife immediately following death and preceding the resurrection?
FDS – Faithful and Discreet Slave
- Is Matthew 24:45-47 a prophecy or a parable?
- Who are referred to as slaves (stewards) in the New Testament?
- Were ‘anointed ones’ of the Watchtower organisation faithfully providing timely and nourishing spiritual food before 1919 when they claim to have been appointed by the Master?
- Should we rely on an organization of men for the only correct interpretation of God’s word?
- There are 119 occurrences of the terms “gospel” or “good news” in the New Testament (ESV) – what do they include?
- What was the gospel preached by the apostle Paul?
- Does the gospel preached by Jehovah’s Witnesses differ from that preached by Christians throughout the centuries?
- What should be our response to a gospel other than the one Paul preached?
- Who are the “other sheep” of John 10:16?
- What does it mean that they stand before the throne of God?
- In the book of Revelation, where is God’s temple (naos)?
- What is the eventuality of those who have washed their robes?
- Must members of the great multitude be born again?
- Will the great multitude pass through the great tribulation directly into the new earth without ever having been in heaven?
Holy Spirit – Who is the Holy Spirit?
- Does the Holy Spirit have (1) personality, including (2) mind, (3) emotions, (4) will and ability to (5) communicate, that would identify a person?
- Is the Holy Spirit described with attributes of God?
- Can a Christian have fellowship with the Holy Spirit?
- What does the Old Testament indicate as to the future restoration and blessing of the nation of Israel?
- What does the New Testament indicate as to the future restoration and blessing of the nation Israel?
- What is justification?
- Is a Christian justified by faith alone or by faith plus works?
- Do good works naturally follow true faith?
- What is the Kingdom?
- Will Christ be physically present on earth during the millennium?
- Will humans inhabit the earth during the millennium?
- What is the Biblical hope for Christians alive now?
- Will the present heaven and the present earth remain forever?
- Will a new heaven and a new earth be created?
- How does the Bible use the terms “last day(s)”, “latter days” and “time of the end”?
- How were the prophecies about the “last days” of Jerusalem and the Jewish system fulfilled in 33-70 AD?
- Did the Last Days begin in 1914 at the end of “seven times”?
- ‘But hasn’t the world got progressively worse since 1914?
- Are the “little flock” of Luke 12:32 the 144,000?
- From where are the 144,000 sealed?
- Are there other scriptures which indicate that natural Israel will play an important future role in the outworking of God’s purposes?
- When are the 144,000 sealed?
- In Revelation 7 and 14, are the 144,000 ever spoken of as being kings, priests, or the bride of Christ?
- Has God always worked through an organisation?
- What group of people has God been primarily dealing with since the first century?
- Is a person’s salvation dependent upon his response to an earthly organisation?
- Can we only come to understand the Bible and God’s purposes by associating with His “earthly organisation?”
- Was Jesus’ body resurrected?
- Will Christians’ bodies be resurrected?
- Will the resurrected body have exactly the same characteristics as the original body?
- Are resurrected men to be judged by the deeds which they perform during the millennium?
- When does the second resurrection take place?
- What is the condition before God of the unsaved?
- How can one be saved?
- Is it proper for a Christian to say that he has been saved?
- How can a Christian have the assurance that he has been saved?
- Does a Christian await future, bodily salvation?
Spirit – Spirit of Man
- Of what is man composed?
- What is the soul and does it live on after the death of the body?
- Is the spirit of a man distinct from his body and soul?
- What happens to the spirit at death?
- Are Christians encouraged to witness to their fellow men?
- Is house-to-house preaching a prerequisite for salvation?
- Do Christians all have identical roles in the ministry?
- What message is to be preached by Christians today? How?